For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.
Question: What Do Brokers Do?
Well, we are so glad you asked! Unlike other insurance providers, an insurance broker works for you rather than an insurance company. Brokers use their professional knowledge and experience to help you properly assess your insurance needs, shop for the best value in insurance coverage and help you in the event of a claim. That’s right! did you know that here at Bravo Insurance Solutions we won’t leave you alone to fend during a claim? I know, it seems to good to be true, but our job is to help you in the time you actually need insurance.
Many brokers will help you with a quote on line or over the phone, but personal consultations are encouraged, to answer any questions you may have, ensure there are no misunderstandings and no detail is overlooked. We are here to help navigate the crazy waters that insurance can bring. Sometimes, we know it is nice and easy, but for those days in which the turns seem more like rapids and insurance broker like ourselves would love to be of service.
Question: Yeah, yeah that sounds fancy and all, but what exactly do you DO?
Well, here at Bravo Insurance Solutions some of our services include:
- Assessing your individual needs and obtaining quotes. That’s right after you call us you don’t need to make another call! We will do all the leg work once you give us all the info. No more dealing and repeating yourself 15 times to see if you can save yourself 15% or more…
- Depending on the property, vehicle or business being insured, this might include performing an insurance valuation, taking photographs or obtaining an inspection report. In many cases if we have a business who needs help with safety recommendations we will assist with connecting the proper people with the business
- Comparing the coverage of different insurers to get you the best rates and conditions in an unbiased manner and making recommendations. Does this seem redundant to you? It should! Once you have a broker our job is to work for you and align you with the best insurer out there. PERIOD
- Searching for opportunities to reduce overall premiums by combining different types of insurance for discounts. Yes, you may have heard this before on things like home and auto insurance. HOWEVER, did you know that you can do that with GROUP health insurance coverage? That’s right! Most carriers will give you a discount if you combine group health insurance with dental, life or short term disability for your employees.
- Explaining premiums, terms, conditions and any small print that you don’t understand. Trust us, we read the small print and although we highly encourage you to do the same (our lawyer made us say that) we can be here to help!
- Providing administrative follow-up, such as mortgage changes, certificates of insurance. Because these happen, often and we need to make sure to keep you compliant.
- Providing advice and revisions at policy renewal or mid-term if material changes are necessary, such as a move or the sale of an asset – like a home, a new car, a big diamond ring, a parrot or a pear tree.
- Being available to answer questions after purchase. The vast majority of brokerages are well established in their community and insurance is their primary business – that’s right, we have been here for a long time and we are here to stay!
- Ensuring claims are fairly handled. They help you with the process and ensure a fair and speedy settlement. Brokers make a positive difference to an insurer’s payout in a substantial number of claims.
Question: So, how do you get paid?
A broker is paid a commission through the insurance company that you place your business with, and believes in complete transparency in this regard. So, pay your premiums on time will ya? We kind of need that to happen so we can buy groceries and shiny things 😉